Thursday, November 12, 2009

Weird Al's Job

Even Vampires keep diaries these days. Why allow my thoughts to only run in troublesome circles inside my head?
I have a beautiful view outside my window at work. I can see the river and the Made In Oregon sign. The trees just outside and across the river are on fire with color now. Rust, Red, Yellow, Orange, Green. Portland is truly beautiful in the Fall.
I went to a cheap department store with Chelsea yesterday and got a warm and waterproof winter coat with a hood, an umbrella, some work-out shorts and a long sleeved work shirt (for under $40!) and feel ready to face the wet onslaught (sort of). I miserably bike commuted 7-15 miles a day through the long winter rain and elements last year. This year I saved up enough money for a down payment on one of the devil's machines (I bought a car!). I've also decided to join a gym for 3 months. Free-weights, cycle, treadmill, sauna. I'm really hoping that all of these preparations make for an OK time through the next 4 months.  Living in Portland is no joke.
I'm excited that Conrad turned me on to Cold Cave.  I like most songs on Love Comes Close and am looking forward to seeing them at Rotture on December 1st.
I'm also waiting to get a copy of the new Gossip record on vinyl since there are tracks on it that are perfect for DJing.  I like mixing "Love Long Distance" with classic minimal disco.

It's fun to make up new words to old tunes.
Each member of Erase Errata took turns making mistakes at the very end of otherwise perfect takes in the studio Sunday.  I tried to ease frustrations with lyrical hammery, creating annoying, Weird Al style versions of Melissa Ethridge, The Police and "Brittney."

I'm very excited about recording with Christina.  KRS will release our 7" (late 2010). The new songs are making me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment